looks like a good idea

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by whitepointer23, Dec 15, 2011.

1. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

2. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Looks like a lot of fiberglass to push up and over the waves with the eggbeaters to me :D
    Sorry, couldn't help it! I like v8s.
    If you have the hull, and obs, no complaints.
    Before I'm sold, I want to see the mariner with 40s running alongside a lower power hull designed to run 8 knots. More slender.

3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

I reckon something like that but with a couple of four stroke outboards mounted to a boarding platform that is also a "pod" that interfaces with the transom & shaped to help with water "flow" at displacement speeds & that can carry fuel/water to counter its buoyancy would transform plenty of flogged out sterndrive & inboard cruisers due for repower etc into some relatively low cost to set up & run, quiet & spacious weekender/holiday boats. They may be less that ideal as a purpose designed cruiser of lower power but would represent value boating & a more versatile vessel than a box or pontoon style house boat. Regards from Jeff.

4. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

i think it has been built by mariner that way as a hire cruiser from what i read. he also states that he carrys 1000 liters of water which would replace the inboard weight. i understand it would not be good for coastal cruising but on the hawkesbury river where it is it should be good. i am almost finished converting my twin shaft drive to single stern drive and now i have a huge storage area where the twins used to sit. i love twin v8's to imp but the fuel usage is to high, for me anyway. we are paying $1.46 au a litre at the moment.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.