Huge u s drug bust

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by whitepointer23, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Good thread guys and what Ilan Voyager writes is spot on to what my sentiments are as well.

Legalise the whole lot, take the money out of the system and the system will collapse - BUT BUT BUT - we know that will never happen.

Richard Branson and Virgin are putting a huge effort forward to legalise drugs and I suppose every little bit helps, but we know it wont happen.

In South Africa we now see the "home made" back yard stuff destroying the locals that are unemployed, uneducated and a lost society. The only reason why this "junk" stuff fetches good prices is because the "good" stuff is still expensive. So - legalise the "good" stuff and prices will go down forcing the prices of "junk" down and there is no profit in the business anymore and the "pushers" don't have it so good anymore.

I and many other people believe that the money will be far better spent on EDUCATION rather than policing

but of course

we know that will probably never happen

South Africa and its government are also competing for first prize in the most corrupt country world competition. And their children are already suffering badly and have no future what so ever.

2. Westel

Westel Senior Member

WE are the ones that gave those idiots the powers AND the impression that we needed a nanny ( government) to take care for us, nobody else.....

It's being said that...."You get the leaders you deserve"....there might be a glimpse of thruth in that and it often says more about the society than the leader himself....

A few men have warned us in the 1960's-70's what was going to happen but we jumped straight in with our two feet forward and eyes wide open..........

Had the laugh of my life a few weeks ago when in a parking lot I watched 2 young lads (early 20's) changing a wheel on their car !!!!!
    This was the "Keystone Cops" in tenfold :D:D:D:D:D:D For a second I thought to get over and lend a hand but.....which young lads needs the help of a fosil that was teached to "shut up when elder people spoke" and has no clue what Facebook-Twitter/Twatter/Twotter-Ipod/IPad is....?

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Oh Westel how right you are :D

I had an industrial arts class "woodworking and metalworking" for 5 years in high school, it was fantastic. Here now, it simply does not exist for the population, many of them don't even know what a spanner is used for and simply cannot use a tape measure.

4. Westel

Westel Senior Member

That's exactly how "they" want us to be Manie, a bunch of mongrols that have no clue how to scratch their own arse, let alone fix something or even "worse", create something out of nothing :D

5. Charlyipad

Charlyipad Senior Member

I agree.

BUT,
    my question is what is the legitimate purpose of government?

Many folks, and I am one of them, believe that government (force) should only be permissible to secure justice i.e., to fight crime (REAL crime, not vice). Using force (government) to convince (educate) others of the folly of their vices does not fit into this model.

And we all know that THAT (my utopia) will probably never happen.

Likewise, world peace will probably never happen. Should we then abandon all efforts towards all noble ends?

Sorry mr. moderator, if I have violated the no politics rule, but with a thread concerning the Coast Guard and drugs, a Libertarian collision is inevitable:D
    delete if you must...

6. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Just to get back on thread.
    I read once that there are "factories" now that spew these submarines out a dime a dozen, so if you catch one it actually makes no difference.
    Maybe the answer could be to have many small boats patrolling around instead of the big military ships the coast guard uses.

:) I'm not suggesting ten footers :) I was thinking out loud along the lines of a displacement type of vessel with 4 or 5 crew. A nice 50 cal mounted on the bow and a speed of 12 knots max. There are obviously MANY of these drug subs around and they are very slow so have a chain of smaller vessels almost within sight of each other.
    :D something along the "wall" concept of Donald dear Trump :eek:

7. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Before we rush to promote legalization of hard drugs it might be well to reflect on what has happened to societies in the past that have legalized (or been forced to legalize) hard drugs. It might be interesting to note that at one time both the US and Great Britain were MAJOR hard drug suppliers -- not a very proud part of our heritage.

Prohibition and conflict in China | Wikipedia article on Opium
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photos from Scramblin' thru... the Opium Wars

8. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

Thats why education is the answer . Would you take hard drugs if they were legal or are you smart enough not to touch them. There are always going to idiots who take them regardless. To keep drugs illegal the government needs to take a zero tolerance approach. For example. If an ice addict is attacking people or police. They should be shot . At the moment we have innocent people . Police and health workers being assaulted and murdered by these pieces of crap .when they go to court the judge lets them off easy because it was the drugs causing the problem. Our pissweak government is more concerned about gay marriage than serious issues.

9. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

ImaginaryNumber good post
    but we need to keep the dates in mind
    once again uneducated innocent stupid people

:)and no internet or smart phones:)

so maybe - just maybe - education would be the answer
    however in this absolutely crazy world and especially in Lost Africa with very high rates of unemployment I have my doubts if education would even scratch the surface

but in the well developed Northern Hemisphere, education and legalization could have MASSIVE results. So here I believe if you take the money out of the system, the drug trade will loose its attractiveness. The people in New York for example, that are RICH and EDUCATED can afford the high prices of cocaine - and it is a fashion statement to do the expensive coke thing. Make it legal and cheap and the huge profits are gone.

Take the profits away and there wont even be money to build crappy submarines.

Maybe just maybe it could be worth it, who knows :(

10. Westel

Westel Senior Member

I wonder who the "stupid" people where Manie, the "unedicated one's" who used the opium or the "highly educated one's" who made the opium available.......

The amount of "information" available today via the internet is indeed huge but the "common sence" to filter that info has declined at an alarming rate in my opinion.
    Same goes for the cell Phone, if there's a minor problem the first thing people should do is think about how to solve that problem. What most people do today is pick up the cell Phone and call someone who might be able to solve the problem for them.......
    GPS, the same story, people dont use their brain anymore to get from point A to point B even if that traject is just a few blocks away......
    "They" try to make the most powerfull "hard disc", our brain, secondary to the artificial hard disc of the PC, which "they" control.....and "they" are doing a pretty good job I must say.

Legalizing hard drugs might be a solution to solve the problem but.....what if the outcome is completely opposite of the expected ? Can we simply turn back and call it a mistake or is the damage so massive that there is no way back ?

The real drugs aren't cocaïne,opium or herione but ....money......

11. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Imaginary Number, while it is certain that some American merchants turned to opium smuggling (possibly snuck out of British domains too as well as into China), the version of the "unequal treaty" (as they came to be called) signed between the US and China at least allowed Chinese prosecution of Americans smuggling the stuff.

That was an exception to immunity to local prosecution, and I'm not sure how often it came into play. I'd bet any American dealing in dope would have at least tried to claim to be a British subject after that point.

I'm not sure how much by way of hemp products were attempted to be exported from the US, or what percentage of those were bailed to smoke as would be relevant to your post (rather than homespun or hemp paper, which probably would have face a huge uphill battle against local goods ... come to think of it, the Chinese probably had their own hemp as well, it was hardly unique to North America).

12. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Good subject and interesting posts.
    I am for no tolerance to drugs. Legalising drugs and it will stop?? Legalise murder and what will happen.

No tolerance means if you are found with any drugs, 5 year jail term.
    For a while there will be a lot of people behind bars, but, drug suppliers will have no clients, the drug trade will dry up.

By the time the druggies have been released no drugs will be available, and even if they were, would they take the risk.

All marketing is based on the end user. Without the end user, there is no market.

Poida

13. Charlyipad

Charlyipad Senior Member

14. CloudDiver

CloudDiver Senior Member

There are over 6 billion people on this planet, some estimates say that by 2050 it could be 15 billion. We are all fat and happy, although some people scream about shortages in water, energy, food etc. I'm not saying the current shortages are not true, just that for the most part the western world is too fat and happy to REALLY notice. Imagine what our awareness level will be with a global population at 15 billion?

I say legalize the crap, tax the living heck out of it, and let the meek and weak minded kill themselves off if that's what you think is going to happen. We've defeated the culling of our numbers in a Darwinian fashion by advancements in technology, industrialization, medicine, etc. If we keep protecting everyone from their own life choices our numbers will snuff out the lot of us.

15. Westel

Westel Senior Member

I think that " their own life choices" is the cullprit....

Modern drugs have evolved in such a way that it might be no longer "your own choice" wether or not addiction creeps in ......

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.