Removal Of Bell Housing ....Tools requires???

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by tomdcat, Jul 1, 2006.

1. tomdcat

tomdcat Junior Member

NOT sure this is correct forum ....please advise if so

I am tring to get the pins off either side of the bell housing on a Alpha one 1989 Lower Unit.

My service guild says us a slide hammer puller, c-91-3459a1, and hinge pin puller, c-91-6060, to remove two hinge pins.

I search online for these tools and the cost makes the job cost prohibited. Like $150 each tool.

Any one have some ideals here? What are these tools and is there substitues?

Thanks in advance, tomdcat

2. Preformer 40

Preformer 40 Junior Member

Go to sterndrives.com-pin tool 17.85 (91-78310),im not sure what the other part costs,if your sending unit wires are worn nows the time to replace 102.50hope this helps
    PS-have the drive # handy when checking.and which alpha-gen 1 or 2,they have pictures to show difference

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.