New design gets attention!!!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by john zimmerlee, Nov 29, 2007.

1. john zimmerlee

john zimmerlee Junior Member

Thanks to all of you for valuable input over the last year.

The project started more than two years ago and was Commended in Int'l Boat Design competition (www.conceptboat.com).

I recently sent video of my prototype to several kayak manufacturers. Three major companies have now expressed serious interest in producing Stream Dancer. Look for it in paddling and fishing stores next summer.

For those of you who weren't envolved, you can see the video at www.streamdancer.com

If you have further suggestions, comments, criticisms . . . now is the time to email me.

Incidentally, your help was so encouraging that I submitted another design in this year's int'l competition and I was just notified that my design is on the short list for awards in January at the London Boat Show. Wish me luck!

John Zimmerlee

2. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Very nice, but I'm not going to show it to my wife or she will want one.:D

3. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Mmmm... very dangerous in stronger current river? but nice design... wish u luck

4. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

Good luck John. It is great to see how you have taken on the design challenges.

Rick W.

5. BWD

BWD Senior Member

cool.
    60lbs - a lot of thrust!
    Have you thought of making one with a skinnier shape and equivalent thrust? Like a sea kayak? I bet you could get 8+ knots and/or enough battery to go a long way.

6. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Did you design the screw drive from scratch? or are they an existing product?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.