How to obtain permission to use music in a boat video?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Doug Lord, May 27, 2014.

  1. SukiSolo
    Joined: Dec 2012
    Posts: 1,270
    Likes: 25, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 271
    Location: Hampshire UK

    SukiSolo Senior Member

    As far as I am aware, most song copyright is for 70 years, at least in the UK. However it can be extended! So a nice little ditty like 'Happy Birthday to you' is still in copyright at least in the US. It does depend where you are in the world.

    Try the PRS (Performing Rights Society) as they are sort of guardians for songwriters and performers. At least they should give you a good steer. Obviously if you can go direct, to the artist, so much the better.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.