How to obtain 2nd-order wave pressure

Discussion in 'Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics' started by wavebridge, Apr 24, 2017.

1. wavebridge

wavebridge New Member

Hi everyone,

I was trying to figure out how to obtain 2nd order wave pressure on the wall of boat or structure.
    Currently I am using AQWA to do hydrodynamic calculation. Since AQWA can calcuate QTF using near-field method, it must have already calculate the 2nd-order wave pressure in its process. But how to obtain that???

The available approach in other software would be helpful to me as well.

Thanks!!!!

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

I'm missing your point. If you have the ANSYS AQWA Diffraction module and can get the QTF for slow drift then why would you need 2nd order wave forces? They are only the summation of the net residual.

3. wavebridge

wavebridge New Member

Hi Jehardiman,

Thank you for reply.

Actually what I need is 2nd-order wave pressure, not force. And what I focus is sum-frequency force.
    I believe the sum-freq force is the integral of sum-freq pressure around the body surface and AQWA must have already calcualted it but I dont know how to obtain that.

4. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

5. wavebridge

wavebridge New Member

Hi Jehardiman,

.....my friend I know the mathematical approaches, but how to output the 2nd order pressure on every panel from software? Like AQWA

You sure WAMIT can output the 2nd term on every panel?

6. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

You can extract it from Output Options 6 & 9

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.