My Rant

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Fanie, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

This is an example of one of the things I'm so forever ranting about.

beta.mnet.co.za/carteblanche/

See the Midlands movie. It is like this with everything in SA. Note the guy's house...

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

This site is about boats. I saw a river but no boats. Are you saying that all the land would be better conglomerated under a few white owners so it produces properly?

3. masalai

masalai masalai

The boats were vandalised or stolen and being stupid, probably destroyed because they had no lake to use them on and no fuel or understanding how to use it...:D:D:D or at least that seems what Fanie is building up to...

4. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Is there any way out of there for you? I remember clearly in Mass's other deleted post some of pictures and things surrounding you that you had posted. That was a good informative thread and I could kick Mass's *** for having it deleted. But back on topic whats your options, clearly living there don't appear safe at all. Or are you like me and just trying to figure out how to get by and stay below the radar so to speak and make a living. I mean people here hate it also if you are having any kind of success in life and also resent another person having something they don't have. Irresponsible people who throw all their money in gambling machines and have nothing to show for there work, resents coworkers who life right and save and manage to have a nice car. There is no way to truly really understand other people, and the older I get the more i realize it. Hopefully you can avoid any hostility against you.

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

This should be called the "I am the victim of society thread"

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Bamby, I did not delete. That cannot be done except by Jeff or instructions from "Above"... The story I got was that a bunch of USA members threatened to leave "boatdesign" if the thread stayed... (A prime demonstration that there is no honour of the "freedom of speech and expression" in USA)... The thread was claimed to be UnAmerican or something as stupid - I can only presume they were in full denial as to the economic crisis... I lost a lot of useful links and resources... I had nothing to do with its removal, except a couple of posters got very nasty and defensive about how "great and good USA was" and then the thread was gone...

7. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

Hmmmmmm.............. democracy .....................the land of ....

never mind.:rolleyes:

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

No, actually it should be called 'the **** other countries cause' when they force a working government to hand over to a disfunctional one, and then when the **** hits the fan the guilty kindly disappear off the scene.

The part you chose to overlook was where the one philamon said explicitly that SA is going the same way Zim is going.

As for your comment about the victim of society crap, I have never been hijack or shot (so far), my wife hasn't been ***** and we haven't had the experiences others had to make through. I've had some things stolen from me but this is hardly what I'm on about.

Every time this gov decides to do something stupid we feel it in our pockets. You want to know what this is to do with boating - everything for me. If I buy a boat for R180 000 then it is something I can do. But tbecause we have disfunctional idiots that bugger the R up the same boat would cost me R1 800 000. You try paying ten times the price for one item and see if you like it.

The other frustration is not just because of our poor currency, the problem is the conditions forced on us to operate under. The figgin ANC has build these squatter camps around us to outvote us in elections, now we have these hordes that think it's their right to take from us what they can, and the gov doesn't do anything about it because they think the tax they get is great money each time you replace your belongings. The few that has something has to go to extremes to protect the little they have and the gov smiles ever wider, even more tax money for them. Why do you think Manie lives in a security complex ?

I have to get an armed person to sit shotgun for me if I want to work outside on my boating stuff. Apart from this little frustration we have a safety organization that just takes your money, make new laws as they go along without consideration for the problems they create in their wake. They don't offer any service to the one that does the paying and one doesn't get any solutions from them either.

There are not less boating related accidents, but many now just wants to get rid of their boats. Not worth it. For me off late it was simply buying new equipment that may be useless before even using it and I have to buy it over again. We were refused to go on the water because the in control persons wants to charter you to make money off'n you, you have to buy items from certain manufacturers only or your rig is not surveyed... you get my drift ?

Now since you wanted to know if the white farmers would be better to have, I don't know man, lets consider killing more than 2500 farmers in the UK. Here, it hasn't stopped either. The philamons think if they kill the whites they will get the property, because that is what they were promissed before the elections. None of the hundreds of farms given to philamons (not sold) works, so we are now importers of food.

If you really want to know what is going on in SA, and I told Rick W the same, visit here and talk to the people so you can see what is really really the issues. Most sound too far fetched to believe if you don't see it first hand. We are in a recession (and have been for the last 15 years) for a very different reason you are in on the moment.

Now it is very easy for you guys to sit behind you pc and say leave there. It is an option, I can make a life anywhere in the world. It will however mean starting over from scratch, leave everyone behind you know, and learn to deal with the new set of frustrations the other country have. Yes, they all have their **** spots.

I knew what the 'old' SA was like. We were on the foreground with many things, for one, SA's are good boat builders - look at Wynand for one, didn't want to say it because his head is probably going to swell up now ;) but there are so many field in which South Africans excell. Code hopping was done by a South African (I know the bloke) and he sold to Microchip. We were on the foreground with radioactive research... many more - and it all is going down the drain - all for the wrong reasons. While the rest of the world advances we are being forced back into time.

As for being a victim, I don't think so. My frustrations however are very real, you ask anyone else in SA.

Now if you want to do something to help, you can either move here since our sensible resources are schrinking, and we need the votes, or you can phone your political party and request your gov to point a few fingers here.

We need your support !!

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Our corrupt power supply co has just doubled our power's price (they have also applied for a further increase said 40 to 60%).

I phoned for prices of resin today, it is up by quite a bit. This means my budget is buggered up again. Next fuel will go up and it will change again.

4 5 c :(

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

The Dutch have many years ago found that SA is important. If this place becomes like Zim or Solamia, where will you stop and meet such people as us ? Never assume it's going to be there for you tomorrow.

11. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I believe in private property, and agree with you that giving it away to people that never did anything is not a good thing. To start with, they don't have the skills to run a business of any kind. The problem is quite complex. I don't have any simple answer to it. What is " Zim and Solamia"?

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

It must be very humiliating and personally degrading for a person to fill a post that they cannot handle the responsibility and does not have the knowledge to do the work, yet the philamons are being forced into positions like this.

It is not about if the person is any colour, it is about if he can actually do the job. Last time I visited Manie their security guard spoke Afrikaans to me, and quite well at that. I was going to stay and chat with him instead, but then I did say I would visit Manie :D

Zim is Zimbabwe, the place where the unpatriotic whites left because they couldn't handle the abuse.

Somalia is the pirate mecca. Piracy has not cought on in SA yet, like in they don't attack ships to loot them. They will however loot a ship or boat if they can get to it.

13. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What's a philamon?

14. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

A philamon is the male for a suzi mtwe-twe :D

15. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Something here may work for you.......

How do you like this security system?
    This is a true story of a garage owner in the Southwest.
    He was sick & tired of thugs breaking into his garage shop to steal tools etc.
    He came up with this idea… He would professionally have cut & trimmed a large fluffy dog to appear as a "Lion". Then he put the word out that he had a new "Mexican Lion" at the shop that would attack anyone who tried to break in or climb his fence.
    The would-be thieves saw the "Lion" from a distance and fled the scene.
    This worked each and every time -- they were convinced it was a REAL Lion!
    Ingenious guy!

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.