How To Make Linesplan In Blender 2.48?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by BTG YACHT DSGN, May 15, 2009.

1. BTG YACHT DSGN

BTG YACHT DSGN -sailing is believing-

Hi

Is it possible to make lines plan (or how to produce them) upon the 3D model in Blender (ie. the hull made in DELFTship to fit naval arch. requirements, but whole superstructeres etc. made as Blender file).

OR

What to do to get printed lines plan (for a baitboat :))? ie export it somewhere or make some trick with it?

ANY help welcomed!

regards,

Kuba

2. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

I doubt the naval architect crew has experience with blender.

I have not used blender but on 3ds max or any regular animation 3d software you can bring back ground images and draw lines on top of that. You can also draw lines in photoshop and export them as adobe illustrator paths. I would assume that blender imports .ai format.

CG- forums such as cgtalk will probably be a better help.

3. BTG YACHT DSGN

BTG YACHT DSGN -sailing is believing-

Yes, I know that trick with the 'blueprint' in the background, but I was asking for something else, actually:

I have a blender file (with hull & other structures) and I want to export somewhow to make linesplan (hull+structures).

Is there any feaature in Blender that makes cross sections of the model ie. buttocks of whole boat or sth like that?

4. Bogey

Bogey New Member

Ive been using blender for a while.
    One way you could try is with the script, "knife tool color".
    Position a plane where you want a section, and run the script.

Another way you could try is to use an ortho camera, and alter the clip start distance where you want the section. You can then render the result.

Hope this helps.