How to made model of a small river push boat with Orca3D Hull Assistant and Delftship

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Rabah, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NavalSArtichoke

NavalSArtichoke Senior Member

That's an interesting river tank barge tow you have.

On the Mississippi, tank barge tows are designed sometimes using four barges, but they are arranged so that instead of being towed 2 x 2, the entire tow is arranged in a single string of four barges. That way, the tug can keep two wires connected to the trail barge, which is placed just ahead of the tug. I believe that makes for a stronger tow wire connection, especially when the tug is trying to turn the barge string or if the string gets caught by a current coming from the side.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Rabah, my friend, really are you not able to see the differences between the initial model that you have presented to us and examples of river tug you are showing in your later posts ?. If you are unable to see it, probably is because you still need to learn a lot. However, I think we're on track.
    I'm not going to answer any more. I've already done enough publicity. I've got someone else to write on your thread, which is rare.
    Good luck with your drawings of things that look like boats. I have to admit that you are a big user of Rhino. From there to design boats, there is a long way.
    You can see that I, when you do something right, I admit.
    Always yours.

3. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Tansl,
    Envy it is impossible to be treated. I sympathize you. But now I see that your sight is poor. I shall try to help:
    1. Here it is the file in which over my model in the Profile view with the image of the prototype is covered. It is made on Delftship Professional.
    2. Here it is the same file, but my model already has no shadow filling and only contours, frames, buttock-lines and a water-line are visible. It is visible also the curve of sectional areas.
    3. On the third file the Plan from above is seen - is well visible as I has accepted some other contour of Main Deck different in the bow and in the stern.
    4. It is possible to see Body plan view at the fourth file.
    As you can to be convinced itself also all these files are made on Delftship Professional.

Зависть невозможно лечиться. Я тебе сочувствую. Но теперь вижу что и зрение плохое. Попробую помочь:
    1. Вот файл в которой на мою модель в проекции Бок накрыто изображение прототипа. Это сделано на Delftship Professional.
    2. Вот тоже самый файл, но у моей модели уже нет теневая закраска, видны только контуры, шпангоуты, батоксы и ватерлинии.Видна и строевая по шпангоутам.
    3. На третий файл виден План сверху – хорошо видно как я принял несколько иной контур ГП, отличающийся в носу и в корме.
    4. На четвертый файл можно посмотреть проекцию Body plan.
    Как ты можешь и сам убедиться все эти файлы сделанный на Delftship Professional.

4. Alexanov

Alexanov Senior Member

Discussion about shape of push boat little bit funny of me. We consider that this is pusher and nothing else. I can't be used as tug or something else. Hydrodynamics of this type of vessels not interesting at all without barges in front of. Pus boat without barge have more then enough engines power for any hull shape. Modern engines use much fuel when use only 30% of max power. For me fore ship of this type of vessels should be as simple as possible for production.

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Alexander Alexanov, you may be right in what you say. Let's suppose hydrodynamics does not matter to anyone. So why push river have hulls so special ?. It is possible that, for example, the draft is much lower than that of a normal boat (why?) And it is possible that the freeboard is much lower than that of a normal boat (why?). That may make different L / B and B / T ratios to those of a normal boat.
    I'm glad you have fun with this thread. I agree that it is hilarious, probably by the nonsense that we all say.

6. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Dear Mr.Moderator,
    It is time to stop this farce!
    Obviously Mr. Tansl on an old age of years <insult towards other member removed>
    Such people should not allow participation in the forum!
    They continuously fabricate only a spam!
    They wreck image of the site Boat Design.
    It is necessary to prohibit such operations!
    It is time to think above it!

Уважаемый г-н Модератор,
    Пора прекратить этот фарс!
    Явно г-н Tansl на старости лет имеет психические проблемы.
    Таким людям не надо разрешать участие в форуме!
    Они непрерывно фабрикуют только спам!
    Они разрушают имидж сайта Boat Design.
    Надо запретить такие действия!
    Пора задуматься над этим!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
  7. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Hi Alexandеr,
    Thanks for a precise and timely support!
    Obviously, more than such ship-building experts of a high class it is necessary to express in the forum.
    Спасибо за точную и навременную поддержку!
    Явно, больше таких судостроительных специалистов высокого класса надо высказываться в форуме.

8. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Dear Readers,
    If closely read, I for a long time have written „End of the publication “.
    I really put a point and I shall not return any more to her.
    If someone again will want to prolong, it is necessary to be a signal for the moderator that really it is already provocation.
    If somebody will want something to share with readers, I advise to begin the natural publication.
    Yours faithfully to all of you,
    NA Razmik Baharyan

Уважаемые читатели,
    Если внимательно читали, я давно написал „Конец публикации“.
    Я действительно ставлю точку и больше не буду возвращаться к ней.
    Если кто то опять захочет продолжить, это надо быть сигналом для модератора что в самом деле это уже провокация.
    Если кто-нибудь захочет что-нибудь поделить читателями, я советую начать собственную публикацию.
    С уважением к всем вам,
    Инженер-судостроитель Размик Бахарян

9. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Very sorry that the discussion in this thread caused so much frustration; thread is being closed at this point.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.