how do i reattach

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by capt ron, Jan 18, 2007.

1. capt ron

capt ron New Member

i just had a 37 foot egg harbor delivered to my ranch in nevada, it's a 1962
    flying bridge sedan. the flying bridge had to be removed for transport. i have know idea how to reattach it. i own 2 chris craft connie's .no flying bridge. is there any one who can tell me how to reattach the flying bridge

thanks capt ron
    usmc(retired)

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

It will be bolted and screwed to the cabintop. The outline should be visible as should the fastener holes. The bridge should also have bedding (your choice of several different materials) on the contact points (all contact surfaces). I recommend Dolfinite. Insure that both mating surfaces are very clean, before applying the bedding. The electrical and control systems need to be dropped down the "chase(s)" which are likely located on the cabin sides. If done properly, there will be a string or wire found, to use as a "fish" to bring the bridge wires and cables through the chase(s) into the cabin where they will reconnect with respective systems. Of course you need to have a secure way of lifting it up and accurately placing it on the proper mounting location. To make this easier I use two studs, placed in two of the attachment holes, so that it has to align as it is lowered. These are removed and the correct fasteners are used to snug her down, when sitting on her bedded location.

3. capt ron

capt ron New Member

reattached

thanks pod, i now have a hole boat

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.