Limiting heel angles with Maxsurf VPP ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Justinet, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Justinet

Justinet Junior Member

Hi all and best wishes for the holidays !

Using MaxSurf VPP is there a way to limit heel angles, say to 20 degrees for instance ?
    and/or force reefing the sails earlier ?
    In some cases with TWS at 20N i get some equilibrium heel angles over 30 degrees and little reefing (eg 0.98 !) ,
    while i know from navigation experience on similar boats, i would go as fast (if not faster) and certainly with more comfort with more reefing and less heeling.
    Many thanks for your help

2. Justinet

Justinet Junior Member

I found one way "around" by modifying the rig data manually as if reefing and try and limit heel angles... but it's rather laborious !
    I imagined there should be a way to reef the sails and/or limit heel angles without touching the initial data.
    Thanks for your suggestions (my command of this software is not really great !)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.