How to draw general arrangements?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by emrenergiz, Feb 12, 2008.

1. emrenergiz

emrenergiz Junior Member

Currently i am designing a yacht about 10 meters for my school project, and i am concerning about the interior arrangement, does anyone know a book, website or any document about tips and tricks or likely staff on designing general arrangement? Any contribitions will be helpfull.

2. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

How about a a couple of Sailing magazines having Boat tests. You are going to find them (boat interiors) all clones...:mad:

3. kach22i

kach22i Architect

I started a similar thread a while back. Read the thread, there are several book recommendations buried in it.

Ergonomics - Stairs on Boats
    http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11038&highlight=interior

I never purchased a book, but did look in some magazines and in a few of our member's galleries.

I'm also building a 1" = 1'=0" scale model. I can't find any wooden people at that scale so I made some crude foam ones of my own.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Ramsey/Sleeper's "Architectural Graphic Standards" in a land based bible for these sort of things. Dimensions for just about everything. Boats are a little different as the confines can often force compromises, especially in craft under 30'.

Like any good engineer, you have to do some research, establish a data base and implement what you've gathered into a homogonous whole, that hopefully will fit most humans. My engineering studies included ergonomics, why hasn't yours?

5. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Skeens "Elements of Yacht Design". an oldie but a goodie, has all the dimensions required for comfortable seating heights, bed lengths etc etc.
    Nicholsons book is another.

6. Kerry Thomas

Kerry Thomas Junior Member

Several books by Ian Nicholson

7. Wdgrant

Wdgrant Junior Member

Ya I went to the landing school and Skeen was by far the best ref. for Ga that we used.

8. EStaggs

EStaggs Senior Member

Dave Gerr's The Nature of Boats has a great section on what people need to fit.

E

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.