bulbous bow in maxsurf.

Discussion in 'Software' started by tsuji_kenji, Nov 1, 2012.

1. tsuji_kenji

tsuji_kenji Junior Member

Hello everyone,

anyone who are expert to do a bulbous bow in Maxsurf.

Tq

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I'm not an "expert in Bulbous Bow in MaxSurf" but I have designed, with this software, several ships with bulbous bow. If you indicate to us what you need, we'll know if we can help or not.

3. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Tsuji kenji here are two examples for you to look at. They are made up of bonded edges some with strict tangency and some with out. I used the compact command to combine all the edge control points to there opposite. Then at the bow I compacted the two control points one on either side of the joint points on to the centre point then bonded the edge then grouped them into one. This helps fair the joint into the hull further along. There is a three surface and a four surface which gives a bit more control over the bulb shape.

Attached Files:

4. tsuji_kenji

tsuji_kenji Junior Member

TANSL, let say i want to design 50m tanker with bulbous bow. which surface must start untill the shape become to the bulbous bow. how if i comunicate with u at another method such as yahoo massenger org skype?

bh nautica..thanks for your infomation. it give me an idea how to shape this type of complicated things!!!

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Hi tesuji_kenji. What I would do is a surface, independent of the hull, to set the bulb. So you can better manage how the bulb and its intersection with the hull. Note that the intersection helmet / bulb need not be "soft" and therefore, the bulb can be treated as an "appendix" totally independent.
    Perhaps the image gives you an idea of what I mean.
    Something very different is how to define the total volume of the bulb, the maximum sectional area, its position on the forward pperpendicular, etc. But then Maxsurf can not help you.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.