how to calculate stability of semi-submersible vessel?

Discussion in 'Stability' started by manon, May 30, 2009.

1. ycl229

ycl229 Aurora

your discuses are useful to me!

2. sirhamid

sirhamid Junior Member

hi dear
    you can model your vessel on Rhino and loft surfases on this,so then save as "igs" format for maxsurf usage.

i can do this for u.send me your cad model,for this.;)

3. manon

manon Junior Member

thanks for your interest sir, but i already have the maxsurf model. but the problem occured while calculating the stability, becasue i cant understand which stability criteria in hydromax will be appropreate for such type of vessels.

4. sirhamid

sirhamid Junior Member

oh ,ok
    i can send you the modify MODU code on hydromax criteria,but you may be wait about some day.
    at the last night,i had a same project on iranian MODU "shahid rajaee" about the modifing the stability booklet on new inclining experiment.i think you have problems same as i had.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  5. sirhamid

sirhamid Junior Member

6. manon

manon Junior Member

sir, the problem is, this vessel is not a drilling unit, this is actually multi purpose semi-submersible unit...........can i use the modu code? if so, i already have the GL class codes.

i a have tried to calculate stability with
    1.The Health and Safety Executive, Offshore Installations: Guidance on Design, Construction and Certification, Fourth Edition with amendments, 1993.
    2.CODE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND EQUIPMENT OF MOBILE OFFSHORE DRILLING UNITS, 1989
    .......again, if you could please can send me the MODU criteria for hydromax, it will also be very helpful.

thank you very much

7. sirhamid

sirhamid Junior Member

yes manon,you could use that code.for the semi-sub vessels ,the rules same used for this types.
    but on your calculatio,U must be provide the rigging forces on vessel for meassure the righting arm effect,like you calc the wined force and so on.

8. sirhamid

sirhamid Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.