How to Build a Ferro-Cement Boat by John Samson; Geoff Wellers

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by blackdaisies, Oct 18, 2008.

1. blackdaisies

blackdaisies Senior Member

How to Build a Ferro-Cement Boat

by John Samson; Geoff Wellers

Does anyone know anything about this book, maybe reviews I can find on the internet? It's old and it doesn't say what type of boat it gives instructions to build on the used book advertisements.

It's a ferro cement book building book, but are there any boats you've heard of built by this book's plan?

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

I have the book.
    The plans were available from Samson Marine Design Enterprises. There are no full plans in the book, but there are drawings of a lot of details regarding how to do various aspects of the construction. Also the book guides the reader through the various stages of construction with various boats under construction.
    The plans section lists 9 sailing vessels, 1 44' power cruiser, 2 houseboats, and 4 commercial fishing vessels. The designs are named C-BREEZE, C-SHELL, C-MIST, C-FARER, C-LORD, C-SPIRIT, C-BIRD, C-SPRAY, C-ROVER, C-SMOKE, C-NOOK, C-DRIFTER, C-HORSE, C-HARVESTER, C-FISHER, and C-GLEANER.
    I listed the names so you can try typing them into your search engine and see if you get any info or pictures of them.
    I have seen quite a few boats from these plans over the years.

3. blackdaisies

blackdaisies Senior Member

That helps! So it's best to just by a plan for a concrete boat than buy this book because you can only get advice on how they are made?

Thanks also for naming the designs in the book. I'll look them up.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.