How much will she weigh?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by dkubiak, Sep 19, 2004.

1. dkubiak

dkubiak Junior Member

I am in the middle of designing a boat that I plan to build next summer, but I am having difficulty finding how much things weigh.

I once had a small reference that gave the weight in pounds of a cubic foot of most woods, metals, and other common materials.

Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thanks,

Dan

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Dan,

There are many books with this information. I like the index in the back of Howard Chapelle's, Yach Designing and Planning. I'm not sure if it is still in print but you can get a used one from many places. Otherwise I'm sure someone here will point out a link to a site that has the information but not as much fun.

Gary :D

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

There are a number of materials not available in the back of H. I. Chapelle's book. You may have some better luck with "Architectural Graphic Standards" a classic reference for just such.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.