How much tabbing for my new transom?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by helluvaboater, Feb 14, 2016.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Yeah, 3 units on each side of the stringers (staggered as usual) and a final unit over the top, which serves as a cap to seal both sides under a bonded skin. This cap unit should reach down far enough, to cover the top edge of the tabbing on the sides of the stringer.

2. helluvaboater

helluvaboater Junior Member

I just went over the top with all 3. I guess it would have been way easier to do on side at a time and then cap it with a final unit. A few bubbles on the top I will grind out because I should have rounded the top edge more.

Is now a good time to do some heavy duty tabbing into the bulkhead and transom before I do the final layers.

I am eventually going to glass a tunnel into this boat so i want to learn all I can about tabbing

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Tunnels can be problematic, if not well designed. What type of tunnel are you thinking about?

4. helluvaboater

helluvaboater Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.