Need some help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by stolpen, Feb 11, 2008.

1. stolpen

stolpen New Member

Hello Everyone,
    We are a group of students from Lund University conducting research on the market for various boat accessories and equipment. If anyone has some free time to take part in the research please click on the link below. The survey is for pleasure vessel/craft owners; however, other members of this community can also participate if they wish. It should take about 2-3 minutes to complete; it is simple and straight to the point!

Please note that some of the equipment/accessories are already on the market, but we want to see the general interest of the consumers.

http://www.hypnotic.lv/survey/

Thanks!

2. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Instead of asking us what product to develop. Why dont you go out spend some time boating and actually getting to know the market before you start launching surveys. We get about 1 of these a month, by someone that wants to be the Bill Gates of boats but has no idea what the market is actually about. You might try subscribing to Boating, Yachating, and Sailing Magazine. Spend some time at the BoatUS forums listening to people and spend some time out on a boat before you start looking for the next big thing in boating accessories.

K9

3. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

:D Ditto

4. stolpen

stolpen New Member

Well.. Since we didn't get to chose the topic ourselves and only got 5 weeks and it really isn't boat weather in Sweden right know it'll be a little tricky..
    So therefore why not ask the people that might know something about it? huh..

5. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Because we dont know if you are who you say you are. We get at least 1 of these a month. If your school project cant be done without our "research" its not our PROBLEM.

6. stolpen

stolpen New Member

No, and where did I say that it was yours? It's not like we're forcing you to answer, do it if you like otherwise don't. We did write that "if anyone has some free time"

If you would've bothered to look at the survey you would've seen that we basically got the ideas for our products worked out just need some statistics to se if people would be interested in the ideas.

7. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

So now you dont like what your target market has to say about your idea to get us to help you market your product....Take some of my advice above. Learn your market, your making a GREAT impression here, and Ive become even more convinced that your NOT a student from sweden, but someone that thinks they are so smart they can come to a boat DESIGN forum and get the members here to market your product for you.

If you are indeed a student, then welcome to the real world. We are hammered constantly with surveys. I dont care if youve invented cold fusion. Im not intrested in your survey.

K9

8. stolpen

stolpen New Member

hehe, of course if it wasn't for the fact that the presentation is due for the 26th-29th of February of course I would learn the market.

I'm only saying if you aren't interested then don't do the survey, why ***** and moan about it jsut gp on to the next topic.
    But maybe there're others here that would like to contribute, then we'd be very thankful for how they'd grade the different ideas.

9. skullhooker

skullhooker Junior Member

I did the survey, took 20 seconds +/-. I personally would flunk you for selecting a poor project (my professors would have done the same to me).

Here's a good one:
    What would you call this, the Jetson's Boatyard Robot?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.