1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

boat "plug" help

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by georgiahemi, Jun 9, 2008.

1. georgiahemi

georgiahemi Junior Member

Hello all! I have a 55 inch deep vee RC boat plug, that I am going to build a mold of. I have filled in all the imperfections and sanded it. What would be the best kind of paint to put on it for the final coat? I have heard using two part polyurethane gives a great finish. But I can't seem to figure out which one to use, since there are a million different kinds. Is there some kind of paint that I can find at a home depot or ace hardware that will work as the final coat? If so, can it be wet sanded if need be?

Thanks in advance!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.