Computer use and tips.

Discussion in 'General Computing' started by tom kane, May 17, 2015.

1. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

For those of us who need to wear bi-focal glasses or other problems slipping a piece of ply wood or other material about 14 inches by 12 inches under a monitor stand or laptop is handy.

Sliding this back and forth can bring your work on a desk or table closer to help strong bi-focal viewing and swiveling left or right to reduce glare.

I have seen so many people leaning forward to view the screen and sitting in uncomfortable positions.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Yes, but wouldn't a cathedral hull shaped plywood monitor stand, be more stable with less desk draft? . . . ;)

3. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

computer use

At a Traditional Small Craft outing at a lake that was flat calm and no wind and watching a very roomy comfortable flat bottom B..boat just idling along..suddenly the craft capsized almost completely up side down and all contents and a couple of passengers were in the water for no apparent reason.
    Of course there was a reason which you may be able to work out.

I have always been quite amazed that a boat designer, and popular with some could sell plans for such a boat and endanger so many lives and spoil the enjoyment of so many people for boating.

Mind you it did have a mast similar to telegraph pole.
    I still have picture I think I will have a look.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.