How is the sheeting arranged for the gennaker on MOD70?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Corley, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

I'm just curious whether somebody has a good diagram of how the sheeting is handled for the overlapping gennaker on these boats it looks like a great system and allows for fast tacks, seems to spread the sheet loads effectively and looks to give good adjustability of sail shape. I can see there is a purchase with a block and one line goes to the sail slide another seems to go back to a winch on the coaming. Several lines head to a block above the tramp then seem to mount to the float in two positions.

Attached Files:

2. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

Looks like a basic (but more complex) barber hauler system with extra lines for clew positioning up and down, in and out.

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

Thanks Gary, I found this photo on the Krys Ocean Race site which made it a bit more clear.

Attached Files:

4. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

Jacques de Reuck has a simplified arrangement on his much modified Piver 24 - which pretty much does the same thing.

Attached Files:

5. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

its just done because the correct sheeting angle is always on the tramp so no hard points to sheet from

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.