Trying again

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Bern, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Bern

Bern Junior Member

Hello again. I know I have said this before, however this time I hope to be getting closer to starting on the “Silver Belle”. I have had problems getting a hull. I had one gentleman lined up to build one, however he had a heart attack and is no longer with us. Lined up builder #2 to start, however he pushed me aside for a bigger project. I am now looking at buying something like,

http://www.godfreymarine.com/cf/gmfs_dakota04.cfm?modeltype=Outfitter&modelName=mv1885

and going from there. I would add about 30 inches to the stern in order to get a rake or slope. The cabin would start about where the bow deck stops, and go to the new stern. This will give me about 10 feet of clear floor space, and then the motor and all equipment would be back where the rear seat and new stern addition are. - - - What do you think, is this doable, safe, crazy, or what? Thanks for any and all thoughts.

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

Hi Bern,
    It sounds to me like you are planning to lengthern a new hull which you are going to purchase. If this is correct I would very strongly advise you to first obtain a hull which is the length you require and then add cabin structure or whatever you have in mind. If I have misunderstood you then you may disregard my suggestion.
    Cheers,
    Gilbert

3. Bern

Bern Junior Member

Thanks for the come back Gilbert, however the reason is, that seems like the only way to get a rake on the stern. Looks like you are on the other side of LV from me. Keep in touch.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.