How Fuel is Made - A White Paper Full of Facts

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by CatBuilder, Mar 12, 2012.

1. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Oh, that. I thought you were talking just about the Straight. Gotcha.

2. murdomack

murdomack New Member

Some are prophesying that a 2012 London Olympics "event" is being set up that will be witnessed by a world-wide audience. There is certainly a lot of military involvement for what used to be a sporting event.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17351164

3. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

What is intersting is what products in what volumes do you get from a barrel of oil.
    ( give or take the difference in the crude)

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It doess not matter if they close it, if they try that will be enough.

UN ha give me a break they will take 5 months to decide what to wear at the meeting. Arab league ---? well we have just seen what they can do with Syria.

In any case by the time action is considered it will be too late.

China has stopped export of precious metals which I think is 90% of Americas import. This is battery construction,---ooops.

5. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

dont forget that these days like Libya the other arab nations chipped in to help get rid of that leader so maybe they will continue the trend.
    Maybe Iraq will chip in the help the US whack Iran

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Let me get this straight, did you say that Iraq will help America to keep oil prices down.

Whilst the west thinks they are winning the war on terrorism we are paying through the nose for oil. Do you think we are winning this war then?

7. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

No but they might well pitch in to give iran a bloody nose as might a few others
    oil would be secondary, you how arabs love killing arabs....

8. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

you how arabs love killing arabs....

The folks in IRAN are not Arabs , they are Persian.

They have been at war with the rest of the peninsula for a few thousand years ,
    and figure a batch of nukes will give them a big threat.

FF

9. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

If the Strait is closed, and I believe Iran will when the Israelis strike, a lot of oil will be stopped to the west...Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrian, Qatar, United Arab Emigrates and perhaps Oman partly will not be able to ship any oil out and as said, it is a lot of oil.

Some Muslim/Islamic countries are fanatical bordering on terrorism and hate the west and USA in particular and Iran possibly qualifies in that group. What better terrorist attack against the western world than closing the Straight?

Glad you are that optimistic. BUT, Iran has some serious military arsenal and fanatics to use them and will take a strong stand against attacks. The USA took years to fight the Vietnamese (3rd world country then) and still lost. More recently the Gulf war that took a long time, Afghanistan, Iraq also more than the Yankees bargained for. How long will it take them and the world to open the Strait again should it come down to that.
    The Iranians will be no easy push over.

Imagine the crude oil prices if the crap hits the fan, the chaos on the stock markets that follows - every terrorist's dream, and I sincerely believes Iran just need an excuse to do that. And Israel will be the fuse they hope for.

Boating is already a luxury in a cash strapped world and this may just make boating obsolete to many:(

EDIT: BTW, thanks for the negative rep received from a nameless sissy because I used the term "Jew boys". Next time just have the balls to mention your name.
    At the same time I could have said Dutch boys, American boys, Italian boys etc and as the say, small things amuses small minds.:D
    Congratulations, you had the honour to screw my my intact reputation by being the first to negative me in nearly eight years:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  10. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

well if you will mix your countries ( Dutch/american/italian) with your religions (jew ) you can expect a poke in the eye ...not me gave you the neg rep but you want to think before you type

11. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I seriously doubt that. The former dictator kept Iran in check but the present leadership is rounding up Sunnis and Christians.

12. hoytedow

Iran is not on the peninsula.

Shalom.

13. murdomack

murdomack New Member

As far as I am aware they have no history of attacking anyone. They have had to defend themselves more than a few times, and seem ready to do so again.
    Their enemies have a history of using nukes, so I can see why they might want to make their own. All the Iranians I have met were very decent people.

14. hoytedow

Oh, really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

15. murdomack

murdomack New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.