Hyd Engine Tilt

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by COLD-EH', Feb 16, 2007.

1. COLD-EH'

COLD-EH' Junior Member

I remember wrecking an old tri hull that had an omc sterndrive with a 351 Windsor and If I remember correct it had Hydraulic adjustable motor mounts. Any of you remember them, part number or know where to get a couple? Thanks!

2. Dave Slater

Dave Slater New Member

motor mounts

You can still find them occassionally on ebay. I have three of the hydraulic motor mounts and two of the pumps...trying to put together a good system. I'm trying to find out if a different pump will work. For example, if it will do the job, I would love to find a pump/motor from a 98 Cobra with the built-in relays. Of course, you have to use the hydraulic motor mounts for whichever engine you have. In fact, I think there is one on ebay right now for a Ford engine. (mine is a 350 Chev)....by the way, it was called "Select Trim" and moves the front of the engine up and down to trim the outdrive. The tilt is simply for raising and lowering the outdrive and should never be used to trim the engine or you will ruin the ball gears and possibly the water pump.

Good luck.

3. COLD-EH'

COLD-EH' Junior Member

Thank's, I'll keep looking. In the back of my mind I was thinking they would work pretty well on the airboat i'm building. Any hydraulic power pack should work I would think.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.