How does one work out best place for center console on a hull rebuild?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by johnnythefish, Jun 25, 2020.

1. johnnythefish

johnnythefish Junior Member

Yes - I am in a similar boat ;);) - we don’t run far and we troll a lot. Generally guys cluster at the back of the boat. But we tend to store most of the gear at the bow. When running we mostly hand out around the console. As far as looks, layout and ease of installation, where the console is now is perfect. I had a look at the waterline and I think she sits about an inch light at the bow. With 3 persons and fuel around the console. Any ideas how much weight up front would trip her level? I never put an anchor or rope on board. I can also keep some fuel up front as we use Portable tanks.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

You don't have an anchor ? :eek:

3. johnnythefish

As in “I never put an anchor or rope on board“ ... when drawing the waterline... she has a 7 kg anchor and rope up front when in use! I was trying to think of all the things that live up front that would balance the water line

4. Cajunpockettunnel

Cajunpockettunnel Senior Member

You can put bags of quickcrete in front as a ballast if you need. A buddy of mine had to put an 80lb bag of quickcrete in the front of his gambler to help it get on plane. Of course, the positive trim wedges he has tucked under the jackplate do not help. Talking to him about leveling off a boat is like talking to a brick wall. He is convinced those wedges help. I've ridden in that boat. They don't help at all, they hinder his hole shot. But, who am I to judge?

5. johnnythefish

To be fair I would rather get my trim right without having to add ballast...

Cajunpockettunnel likes this.
  6. Cajunpockettunnel

Cajunpockettunnel Senior Member

Oh I've tried telling him to take those wedges out to get that bow down for hole shot. But what do I know?

7. Wayne poulsen

Wayne poulsen New Member

Hi Johnny
    Nice job with the extension. Good salvage on the bad epoxy.
    How do you judge the ride/handling of the NEW boat?
    Wayne
    Fremantle
    Western Australia

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.