how do you get your designs in production..?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by aditun, Dec 18, 2006.

1. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

A hover-yatch version would be awesome .

Here in Florida where the USCG has gone AWOL the local towns "controll" the water.

Since they have NO concept of navigation ect , their concept is to increase the tax extortion by forcing as many boats into heavily taxed marinas, or simply out of "their" waters.

My dream yacht is a Hovercraft Self Jacking Spud Houseboat.

Nice as an old Trumphy , but the craft could hover mode to 50 ft from shore , and jack it self up about 5 ft.

This would allow the wash from aptly named sports fish , "Brain Dead" etc, to pass under unnoticed.

When the local constabulary come by with their NO ANCHORING "rules" I would simply point to the anchor still on deck ,
    and the two Black Balls hoisted .

Where IS that lottery ticket?

FF

2. kach22i

kach22i Architect

The guys at the local ticket office/party store told me a good one last time I purchased a lotto ticket. I told them it was my last dollar, something they see a lot of. The "in-house" term is officially known as LDT.

Last

Dollar

Ticket

:D

3. aditun

aditun Junior Member

thanks for all that.. looks like the best way is to get the designs down on paper. that much wont cost me a cent at least.

this thread has given me a good start understanding the pros and cons of trying to get startedin this industry.

Im not looking for fame and fortune, messabout, Im just interested in trying to do something different in a market that is, in my opinion, quite conservative. I work in an industry where if you design like that for too long, you get left behind.. so I know how it works.

By the way.. a sideline question: do Wally actually sell any of those big cruisers that I see in Wallpaper and other such 'lifestyle' magazines all the time...?! I've heard they don't, which is scary... as that could suggest that the market is not ready for progressive design.

cheers,

a.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.