Stability in following waves

Discussion in 'Stability' started by gadfly, Jun 28, 2008.

1. gadfly

gadfly Junior Member

We know that stability will be affected by following waves. GM can be reduced 0.3-1 m in some extreme conditions.

But who knows any Register has considered this in his Stability Rules or Standards ?

2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

I would like to know also. But as far as I know not even IMO has incorporated to its codes specific intact stability criteria derived from following seas. There have been several reviews submitted by some IMO members already, but nothing has been specifically brought to the codes, if I'm not wrong. The current IMO stability criteria are regularly been evaluated against the numerical and experimental dynamic performance-based stability assessment methods.

What kind of vessels are you interested about?

Cheers.

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

C A Marchaj has written about the subject in Seawothiness the Forgotten Factor (mostly in chapter 7).nope.. Sorry.. starting in Part 2 chpt 10

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.