Help needed for navy board

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Etec, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Etec

Etec Junior Member

hi guys,

i'm new to this forum

i've bought some mineralwool 38mm/25kgm3 and navy cloth to be stick together to be to navyboard. I manage to stick it together using a special glue but the problem is that the navyboard wrinkles after being stick up....please advice...
    I've spent to days trying to figure out how to do it.

thanks

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Etec, I used to do some inso with navy board but it was already made, we used to do the joins with light glass tape & a latex like thick paint, the panels where held on with spot welded studs & buttons, thats all I remember except that no one liked being on the inso crew!. All the best from Jeff.

3. Etec

Etec Junior Member

thank for the info.. well, I'm now applying pva glue on top of the glass wool to make it stiffer before spraying non combustible glue for sticking the mineral wool.

And it turn out to be good, and today will try to replace the pva with starch and see the effect. anyway, make up some phone calls and found out that they treated the glass wool with pvb at the factory before sticking it to the wool.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.