First Build, too much to bite off?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by DesioMedia, May 4, 2006.

1. DesioMedia

DesioMedia Junior Member

Hi

I have recently been intrested in building a large preformance cruiser. I have been sailing my whole life, but I have only minor experience with repairs and modifications. The extent of which is installing a wheelpiliot, and small general wood working. However I do have a good bit of experiecne with "system"(eletrical, water, motor, septic). I have found plans that I like, http://andrewsyacht.com/andrws44.htm .

I have never built a boat before let alone anything bigger than a small shack for storage. First is it possible for me and two friends with equal knowledge to build a boat of this magnitude? How much time and money should I expect to put into a build of this sort of project?

In addition is this a well designed boat? I am looking for somthing comfortable yet fast.

I orginaly posted this in the sailboat forum, but another member sugested to repost it here.

Any and all help is appreciated

Thx- Alex

2. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.