Catamaran Strength Analysis

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by mrlonely, Oct 10, 2023.

1. mrlonely

mrlonely New Member

hello there,
    I am currently starting a project to analize a catamaran transverse strength. Last time I'm using a formula to find Transverse Split Force for calculating stress on wet deck. I'm using a formula from DNV Classification Note 3.08 1996 (shown on pics) then I found out that this CN 3.08 is no longer for use because on DNV official site say that this rules is retired. Did someone find another or latest rules about how to find Fy or split load force?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• TSF.png
      TSF.png
      File size:
      155.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

All you have to do is register, login in, and then you can get the latest most up to date copy of the rules.
    This being Pt.3 Ch.1 - Design Principles, Design Loads, July 2023.

upload_2023-10-11_8-17-13.png

bajansailor likes this.
  3. mrlonely

mrlonely New Member

Thank you for your help, sir
    I found the latest formula for Fy, but did the Fy still can be used as shown in the picture ( 1/4 Fy on the keel and 3/4 on the waterline design) ? I'm still not find the latest rules how to apply this Fy (trans.split load) except the one that shown on the previous picture.

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Have you down loaded the new updated rules yet?
    Veracity https://www.veracity.com/

5. mrlonely

mrlonely New Member

yeah I did but I cant find the replacement for Design Load on DNV Classification Note 3.08
    the DNV Classification Note 30.8 itself has been retired since 2021, Im trying to find another Journal about this but every journal apply the load as shown on the DNV CN 30.8.

6. mrlonely

mrlonely New Member

The Journal that using DNV CN 30.8 as referrenced shown below

Attached Files:

7. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

It is just a note (technical advise note), and it is fully replaced by the rules I cited above.
    You must use those rules I cited above, there is no other...for these HSLC vessels.
    It is that simple!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.