Tanker Confiscated in Louisiana

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by SheetWise, Jan 8, 2007.

1. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

I've recently been told a story about a tanker ship that was confiscated in Louisiana because of 4-5 years of back fees that were due. I don't have any other information on the ship -- but I may have a financial interest in the ship if I can find it.

The Port Authority and Coast Guard have been little help. Does anyone out there know anything about this process, or who else I could turn to?

Thanks for any advice.

2. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

I'm an Arizona boy who moved here to have water but they have few beaches.
    I've not heard of this here on local news. 2 things.... 1. Nothing but hurricane related business is important right now. These guys are busy dividing grant money like Javelina in a prickly pear patch. Be persistent. 2. Google LA government web page AND game & fish website. You'll find someone.
    Be VERY polite. Politeness is a BIG deal here. Good luck.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.