Houseboat with car deck

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Nimrod666, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Nimrod666

Nimrod666 Mr

We are trying to find out if it's possible to design and build a houseboat with a small one car deck.
    The purpose is to create a vessel allowing us island hopping bringing our own jeep.
    base is The Philippines.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The biggest problem you are having, and not very big problem, is to design the ramp up / down the car. The ship should be able to approach the beach, something like a landing craft

3. Nimrod666

Nimrod666 Mr

The plan is to build a 2 hull with platform, probably a catamaran with foldable "banca-wings". The draft should not be too deep and the vehicle ramp could be composed by 2 detachable ramps. The living area in 2 decks, spaced for 5-7 people (1-2 staff, 2 fix and 2-4 guest spaces)
    Maximum overall length 11,95 meters.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

There can't be big problems to design the boat, but need to know details of her SOR.

5. Nimrod666

Nimrod666 Mr

Sor

Hola! I'm not especially familiar with English terms and abbreviations. What is SOR?

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Statement of Requeriments.
    A list of everything that serves to define the boat, all you want that meets the boat: size, speed, number of passengers, regulations she must meet , quality of materials, construction procedures, etc. etc.

7. Nimrod666

Nimrod666 Mr

Ok, then I understand. I will think about it. I have some ideas but just some rough ones. I will check with a local ship builder what rules and regulations there are in the Philippines. Anyhow it will be a boat for personal use, it's not at all ment for public pass anger nor cargo purposes.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.