houseboat/static barge help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Trevor Herron, May 15, 2017.

1. Trevor Herron

Trevor Herron Junior Member

yes PAR, whilst i will use my small boat for actually going anywhere far away i accept that a floating winnebago is not what i need lol.. also accepting propulsion is the way to go.
    i do already know all my requirements as listed by you with the exception perhaps of draft but as you mentioned earlier these are fairly simple calculations.
    so...
    based on looking around it seems pontoons are the norm for my requirements and yea i will need to buy some plans here's the closest i could find to my needs...

Clark Craft - Boat Plans, Boat Kits & Marine Epoxy http://www.clarkcraft.com/cgi-local/shop_responsive.pl?type=item&categ=010&item=933302528&cart_id=8037c1a912640b8762da65f2ccef3224

you have helped me lots already so if you design plans for something like this I'm happy to talk about buying plans?

in brief...
    draft??? haven't calculated weight yet but i will be in some shallow water (will fit a fish finder for depth)
    length 33ft
    beam 13-14 ft (not over 14 by even an inch)
    height ... not more that 13ft total on flat bed trailer.
    tankage.. fresh water won't be a lot as nowhere here is very remote, 50 litres would be lots, grey water about the same, composting toilet.
    target speed- 7 knots would be a lot 5 is fine.
    accommodation- 2 adult in luxury, 4 for a night or two... six on occasional emergency. (I'm confident i can design this RV style, with the exception of main bedroom)
    other-
    obviously my runaround can just be tied up to the side.
    mains plug in and battery power for 2 days... lights+charging phones etc... no tv and likely no need for a fridge either.
    lpg stove and heater (really love the idea of a solid fuel stove but concerned about weight/safety)
    bbq overhanging deck
    hull will not need to be able to beech land.
    a decked roof capable of holding say 9 people would be nice but definitely not essential.
    a low deck of some sort for kids and watersports, have a few ideas for this but not a big concern to start.
    yes I'm avoiding all the cosmetic stuff and finishes now but they are also bouncing around in my head.
    thats all just of my head at the mo... there are other things but my brain is starting to shut down after a long day lol.
    thanks again for your guidance
    T.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.