Installing Battery link ACR

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by Brylk1830, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Brylk1830

Brylk1830 Junior Member

Hi again,
    http://bluesea.com/category/2/productline/overview/386

I'm installing the battery link acr and I have the wiring all figured out but I can't seem to figure out how to insert 8 gauge wire into one of the three small slots on the bottom of the unit.
    In the wiring directions it shows that I need to place a ground from the #3 slot. It also says that the wiring should be able to carry 60 amps and should be no less than 8 gauge. The problem, however, is that I can't fit 8 gauge wire into the slot? I'm just wondering if there is some sort of narrow conductive piece that I can crimp onto the end of the wire small enough to fit into the slot?
    I'd appreciate it if anyone who has already installed one of these could lend me some knowledge! Thanks again all.

picture of the slot i'm talking about is below

Attached Files:

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

just take off some of the strands until it fits it will not make any difference