Hosaki Function and use of Hull Shape Function

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mustafaumu sarac, Apr 5, 2020.

1. mustafaumu sarac

mustafaumu sarac Senior Member

[​IMG] Hello there,

I found a paper on optimization and there was hosaki function graph. I liked the way it looks in 3d and I am thinking to use it as my narrow long hull shape maker function.

I warn you to use the equation in the paper , I googled hosaki function and websites equations were wrong.

I wish you look to the pdf paper jpeg extract. You will not be able to find similar graph in google search.

There is the equation - extremelly simple math , elementary school level - and excellent graph

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Perhaps you should explain the uses of this information ! :eek:

3. mustafaumu sarac

mustafaumu sarac Senior Member

x1 gives the lenght , x2 gives the witdh [x1,x2] gives the height. Dont panic , paper belongs to most efficient shape optimisation but we dont have business with that. The important thing there few paragraph on hosaki function and the graph. I found its contender for good narrow long kayak , canoe or rowing boat class but I want to make it winter boat home , all enclosed. I dont use under summer heat but winters , autumns and springs are long an cool here , only 2 months have excess heat. I think obtaing from single function teaches me to play similar equations but I dont have time and experience.
    Good example of elementary school math can do. Does anyone like the shape. Its good for laying and sleep. I love mathematical sculptures and this is it.

Umut

4. Annode

Annode Previous Member

You will program this in a CAD app I assume? The bounadaries would be well defined.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.