ex swedish navy 36m patrol boat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by majormckay, Apr 8, 2011.

1. majormckay

majormckay New Member

if this does not belong on this forum please say so(new to the site). i am an extremely inexperienced boat enthusiast whom some would call a "magazine boater" i am planning on getting into the industry once i finish school. i would be looking for something along the lines of this http://uk.yachtworld.com/core/listi...nits=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=74613&url=. a retired ex navy vessel. now the ad says theres five but id only need one of course. i am aware that a newbie like me would not be able to handle anything like this for years potentially decades to come and need lots of experience etc etc. just looking for some input as to what kind of uses this could be put to, what kind of modifications would be necessary and whether it could handle an ocean crossing here and there after extreme planning. plzzz no pissing matches, "constructive" criticism is welcome but keep it at that. i don't need the obvious statement of this being a potentially moronic venture. money will probably not be an issue. all input is welcome any opinion is appreciated (even if its just to say its ugly).

2. bernd1972

bernd1972 Holzwurm

If you are looking for a bottomless pit i would recommend the two ex-navy boats that are laid up in Svendborg. At least they have much more beautiful lines and a great potential for a commuter-style conversion following the style-example of the Ocea-yachts. But since I did not inspect them I cannot tell if their substance justifies such a project.

3. majormckay

majormckay New Member

could you provide a link to the ad im no where near that part of the world being on the Canadian west coast but id still like to see them.

4. human 1.0

human 1.0 Don't mess w/ Humanity

Swedish or Swiss?

5. majormckay

majormckay New Member

the boat i posted is swedish

6. bernd1972

bernd1972 Holzwurm

Sorry but I do not have info concerning a possible sale of these boats. But since they have been sitting there high and dry at the yard fo quite some time someone should be open for reasonable offers.
    You can find pictures of them and perhaps evev find out the yard on Google Earth.

7. bernd1972

bernd1972 Holzwurm

Sorry but I do not have info concerning a possible sale of these boats. But since they have been sitting there high and dry at the yard fo quite some time someone should be open for reasonable offers.
    You can find pictures of them and perhaps evev find out the yard on Google Earth.

8. human 1.0

human 1.0 Don't mess w/ Humanity

Check Swiss yards, the Swiss navy has some really impressive patrol capability. I believe that the Swiss Guard keeps their boats at the Vatican dock in Rome.

Check there with Google Earth. Good luck!

9. bernd1972

bernd1972 Holzwurm

I apologize for not beeing able to offer a contact and fotos. I am writin wit my silliy mobilefone at the moment so only limited internet possibilities.

10. majormckay

majormckay New Member

np like i said any help is appreciated, also any suggestions on possible use would be helpful as well

11. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/boatcat/cat-0046.htm

This will get you on to the US Navy site , where you can find lots of possibilities.

With the state of the used boat market (at least in FL) finding what you desire from a yacht source may be cheaper than any conversion.

FF

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.