Honda Car Engine as an Inboard?

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by nukejr, Sep 18, 2007.

1. nukejr

nukejr frmr Nuke Submariner

Is it possible or even feasible to convert a Honda V-6 engine to an inboard engine, using a heat exchanger of course.

2. StianM

StianM Senior Member

If I was going to pick a modern gasoline car engine I would probartly go for a honda. They probartly build the best gasoline engines in the worl, They newer brake.

I say give it a go.

3. SaltOntheBrain

SaltOntheBrain Senior Member

Go to Glen-L and look at customer's boats. One guy there used a v-tec honda in a small runabout. Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll se if I can hunt it up.

Lance.

4. mongo75

mongo75 Senior Member

Good luck getting "conversion parts". They may make marine conversion kits, but I've never heard of any. Then again, I wonder what they use in Japan for their boats, or do they actually import OMC, Mercruiser, and Volvo parts? It's always been my understanding that country is like a check valve- they send stuff our way, but don't take anything (appreciable) in return....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.