search for sharpy plans

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by nbull, Sep 18, 2004.

1. nbull

nbull Junior Member

I am searching for a set of plans and instructions for building a specific type of boat. These plans are for a high school senior who will be building a flat bottom plywood skiff in the range of 9 feet. The plans I have come across seem to be for more advanced craft such as round or V bottom, planked, lapstrake ect. Hopefully we will get to those eventually, but for now we are starting small and simple. Can anybody point us in the right direction?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If this is a school project i can supply you with plans, specifications and construction instructions for free.

3. nbull

nbull Junior Member

yes

I hope this reply is in the right place. Yes, this is a school project. I am introducing boat building to our Tech Ed program

4. nbull

nbull Junior Member

school project

This is a high school shop project. How can get your materials, please respond

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Give me the adress where to send it to. I request credit for the design but no fees. If you prefer I can make full size patterns.
    Thanks,
    Gonzo

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Yes, I teach wooden boatbuilding at the Small Boats Shop. It is part of Pier Wisconsin home of the "Dennis Sullivan". I have also taught marine mechanics. It will take me a couple of weeks to get all together. Is that time frame OK?

7. nbull

nbull Junior Member

time frame

I sent address privately , did you recieve thanks

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Yes, I got it. Will send it soon.

9. nbull

nbull Junior Member

checking in

How is it going with those plans gonzo?
    just checkig in.
    Does your school have a website we can visit? If so please forward. We do not have one as of this date, but it is in progress.

10. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I'll have them ready by the middle of next week. Sorry about the delay. I'll send full patterns of frames, transom, bowstem, sides and bottom. It should be an easy to build boat, which makes it more encouraging to students. The website of the organization is: http://pierwisconsin.com/
    Gonzo

11. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Did the patterns get there yet?

12. nbull

nbull Junior Member

Hi Gonzo , plans arrived firday as i was leaving for weekend. My Email address is bullnat@c4.net. We will have questions. Many thanks for your efforts. plans look like some effort was put in. Student builder is shingleing while the weather holds for us we will move inside soon . I assume boat will be built inverted on a ladder? Am I correct? how about 2x6 ... 12' by 4' 24" O.C. I may build this ahead of time and keep it assembled in the shop for the next boat. I will have to order materials also.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.