Anyone using Delcam PowerSHAPE?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Altitude, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Altitude

Altitude New Member

I've always been a fan of Rhino, but fairly recently converted to PowerSHAPE from Delcam. PowerSHAPE, like Rhino, has its roots in surface modelling and I find it much more powerful than Rhino in many areas. The downside has always been that it is a lot more expensive than Rhino. However Delcam have just announced (wish I'd known) a new version of PowerSHAPE called PowerSHAPE-e, which is completely free (see www.powershape-e.com). Like all free things, there is a catch - you can design all you like (including unlimited saves) but when you want to manufacture from the model you need to export it and at this stage you pay a fee to export or convert to the full PowerSHAPE version. Nonetheless, it is a cheap and easy way to get going with the product.

I think all you Rhino lovers should download it and have a play - I think you'll like it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.