Holding hands:))

Discussion in 'Software' started by lazeyjack, Apr 10, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I,m all ears?
    And Bruce I managed to open yours
    weird
    Case you wish to know why I,m working on this simple hull, well a mate sailed her round the Horn in 1980, she was 9.707 m, Robert Clarke Design for him, she did not rolla at anchor, and he could not put the rail under Flush deck small house aft, She self steered all the way all around the world
    'I thought oh well, make her longer wider, she will have a bigger resale market if I ever build, I,m tired fancy complex boats, i just want to get back to basics, like reallbasics, although I want the best sails, , powerful winches, and scheel keel to limit the draft for this coast

Attached Files:

2. Windvang

Windvang Yacht Designer

Sorry Lazey, could't resist messing about with your virtual girl Kate. :)
    Maybe you can get some usefull tips from this version.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  3. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

I have seen a few Robert Clark designs over the years and have liked them pretty well.
    I spent some time looking at the Kate2 file and the original katebest23scaled1-1. I am very impressed with the buttocks and diagonals of the latter. I can't say that the shape above the second chine impresses me but I guess you have to give up something to have beautiful buttocks and diagonals. And if it has the great behaviour you describe, well, we'll just have to get used to the topsides. And as often happens the look of the topsides may be more agreeable in person than in the drawing.

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

thanks al of you, i will see if I can open the file windsong sent
    Colin Quilter had Robert Clarke do Kate, his brother was Peter Blakes navigator on all the whitbread races, and also for others on Volvo classics Mike started a 22 footer in which to sail around , at the same time, but never finished her,
    Colin said kate would reach abt 10 degrees heel then become stiff really stiff, he said that the harder in blew the better she sailed
    I originally looked at the omni design, but the flat slamming bottoms put me off
    have you heard of the schooner Carita, 180 feet I think she was, a superyacht before the word came into vogue, Clarke designed her in the fifties I dont care abt the topside panel, I will airbrush it with say an Orca smashin through the plate or, -- any suggestions:))

5. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Kate in ice

here is Kate, I think somewhere near the Artic circle

Attached Files:

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Windvang thanks you got the hollows out of the WL,s and faired the deck, , I,m a bit worried now, I had permission , but if the Clark estate saw her her I would be very embaressed I think I had better remove her from my posts!!:!:

7. Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor Junior Member

Stu, I've edited the file out of my post.

8. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

this place is full of gentlemen, thanks Bruce

9. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

carita

seeing as how we are talking abt Robert Clark maybe this pic should be here

Attached Files:

10. nero

nero Senior Member

Lazeyjack,
    You are making me feel sad. If only you had stopped by Marseille, on last years voyage, you could have found the simple way to design.

Well maybe next year! By that time you may be fluent on the other software. smile

11. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Hey!! I came past Marseilles in March and I had lost your contact detail;
    meanwhile I still dont have your numbers as the pc crashed, how are you!! write to me please

12. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

can you tell me how I open a freeship file in Rhino Pleaseeeeeeee

13. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Export as Iges?

14. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Jack, did you get my email?
    I was worried about your laughter!
    ;-)

15. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

You now have a new face at the transom.
    in freeship, holding control key selecting pts around transom, there is no face in edit but face stands alone, click face, new, nothing happens, tried a 100 times?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.