Hobie 18 Possible Buy

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by fraggin, Sep 23, 2008.

1. fraggin

fraggin Junior Member

While visiting my parents, I noticed a hobie 18 at their neighbors house. ITs one of those situations where you notice a good deal waiting to happen. There is nowhere within a 5 hour drive that this cat could be used, and from what my parents have said, it moved in when the owners bought the house, now the owners live elsewhere but left the boat there. This was about 9 months ago. Just from a quick glance, it looks like the trailer will need new tires and maybe near bearings for the wheels. The boat looks to need a good cleaning and new rigging. I didnt see the sails, but the mast looked ok. This boat has been out in the weather for some years. The fiberglass looked ok though. I'm not a sailboat guy, so I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I wouldn't know the value of the boat in its current condition, but when I asked my parents what kind of offer I should make, they reccomended $20.

2. surf boat man

surf boat man Junior Member

where is this boat located?

where is this boat located?
    I am looking for something simlar- well the hulls really

3. Munter

Munter Amateur

well if fraggin lives in texas then its unlikely that his parents live in Australia so I'd guess this isn't going to turn out for you sbm.

$20 would be a steal though it may take a bit of work to get everything ship-shape.

4. surf boat man

surf boat man Junior Member

fair call Munter- I didn't realise Fraggin lived in Texas - and yes I have just realised that you can check people profiles- I am new to this forum game so appologies.
    Same request applies though if anyone knows off a cat hull 18-22 foot lying around I would be most interested- if its in NSW Australia that is!

5. fraggin

fraggin Junior Member

I told my mom on the phone that a guy from Australia mentioned that it would be a steal for $20 and she asked what buisness a guy from texas and a guy from Australia would have talking about a boat in her neighborhood. Gotta love the net.....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.