MX-CAT- 88 by Vlad Murnikov

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Not much practicality there, just shiny rendering. Imagine the price and problems with two solid wingsails.
    That rear platforms mechanism looks so flimsy, and if you hydraulics fail, you cant get back on the boat once you are off.

Some people have more experience with CAD than actual boats.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Completely agree with you. Many people confuse the creation of beautiful renders with the design of boats.

4. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Vapourware

5. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

======================
    Vlad Murnikov is an experienced ocean sailor as well as a long time designer. Every boat is vaporware at some point-I think its great that he was willing to share his concept for a client with the rest of us. No one claimed that this was a completed design-it's just the beginning.
    He's a great man and I wish him well........

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Dear Doug, I have nothing to say about Vlad Murnikov, neither good nor bad, because I do not know him. I'm glad he's a very successful designer. Simply, when I see a very beautiful object I always like to distinguish if it is something very beautiful or a very efficient beautiful boat. The beautiful rendering that you have shown us, along with technical explanations about what it is supposed to achieve this, let's call it, "design" and how it is achieved, I assure you that it would leave me much more amazed. What I have seen, frankly, does not surprise me very much and tells me almost nothing about the qualities as a boat designer of Vlad Murnikov, with all my respect towards him.
    At the moment, that, as a decorative object to put on the table, I assure you that it would make me happy.

rwatson likes this.

7. rattus

rattus Señor Member

Oh yeah - it's got all the elements of success... bombastic marketing music, ridiculous performance claims, untested complex systems, and bimbos and champagne! An oligarch's dream.

Once you start with "I don't want to sail...", the sailboat concept doesn't make any sense.

What could possibly go wrong? ;-)

rwatson likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.