Seawind 24

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by waikikin, Jun 3, 2008.

1. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Heres my Seawind 24 with new cheesy retro wave graphic:cool: nozzles mold seawind 046.JPG

nozzles mold seawind 048.JPG
    All the best from Jeff

2 people like this.
  2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi Jeff,

That looks very nice. Have you more pictures of her ? Some inside ?

3. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

4. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

Hey Jeff,

Lovely looking job! How did you treat the non skid areas?

You have also resisted the temptation to cut windows! Excellent, they should be left as manufactured IMO... with maybe the addition of a hatch for ventilation.

Are you going to build new hard decks Jeff? I have just worked out how I am going to tackle mine, rough numbers have them working out at about 1/3 of the current weight... Not sure about that but if I can get them below 15kg each I will be happy. Should end up with better drainage and hopefully something stiff enough to carry Genoa rails.

Cheers
    Mbz

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Thanks Trev !!

6. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

the wave aint half as bad as that "pretty" glitter stuff,,,ya need to find someone to paint a little surfer in the "curl",,hehe ;)
    and im with Beanzy,,that looks good with no windows,,,good lookin boat man ;)
    ha,,at first glance, that drill press in the back looks like an old 1914 outboard,,i was really gonna "give it" to ya fer that,,hehe ;)

7. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words every one,
    Fanie, you dont want to see the inside or even be in it as still full of glass dust etc.
    The1, I'd like a little surfer dood in the curl but I gotta get all kind of arrtistically inclined some how? The name/rego has gotta go along under the wave device too, I got a drill up the back of the shed that looks like it dates back to the industrial revolution- if your a drill fancier I'll post a picture now that I know how;).
    Meanz, yeah I've gotta do the hard decks as the old heavy solid plastic ones been recycled, there's to be foam sandwich panels set to port & stb about 6-800 mm wide & set down to the hull deck join & a nacelle/cockpit/outboard mount arangement to go in between but with the seat height set at the tracks in the beams & a bit of a foot well forward of the outbourd "transom", I'll make provision for a swept kinda cuddy for over the cockpit but not too big, if I keep the boat that'll probably happen but have not yet fully schemed out the mast mount & heights for that, I've got a spare main cut down to the reef point & might reset the gooseneck for when using the cuddy to get the boom to clear it without raising the existing heel fitting- the spanner will need a bit of rework too. All the best from Jeff.
    PS: the non skid is just International grey slip resistant deck paint just masked of & rolled with a small chuck away roller kit.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

That's exactly what I want to see. It gives one a better understanding as to what is going on, than shiney clean surfaces... I always think they're hiding a couple of flaws...

The mast is not up yet... are you planning duel masts... one on each hull ? or don't you want it that fast :D

9. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Hi Fanie, yeah I want it fast but am sticking with the original rig because thats what I've got-> I call it "current resource theory" . I have addressed some issues on this 25 year old boat such as stringers to aft deck, fitted chain plate knees, knees to internal structure at mast beam bracketing & a deck beam to each hull too along with many cosmetic glass patches etc in way of redundant fitting /deck gear, of coarse any boat constructed has some flaws-they all hold a few but are generally minor. The vessel is being refitted because that is what I want but was pushed along by my states maritime authority as my mooring is in front of a multi million dollar property, so to keep my mooring I have to improve presentation by a certain date & return vessel to mooring site that I pay a couple of hundred bucks per annum for:). My boat is now relaunched to meet the deadline(but still have to fit up heaps of gear etc) but mooring apperatus is missing & dive search patterns reveal nothing so have to lay a new mooring & have been granted extension period to do so for this All the best from Jeff.

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Bloody hell, you're lucky. The *****'s here lost their marbles. The Richards bay loonies quoted me R 65k per annum to leave my boat there... at my own risk of course. For that money pa I can buy a property and pay someone to look after my boat. Rediculous eh !

11. Meanz Beanz

:D $66.00 per year + $200 to $300 maintenance.

12. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

& free water too..... from the sky;)

13. Meanz Beanz

Awwwww now you gone and done it.... they will charge us for it now you have pointed it out..... never say free when a government can hear..... never!

14. deepsix

deepsix Senior Member

Was that from Tuzi Gazi or Zululand?

15. deepsix

deepsix Senior Member

What type of mooring is this for MBZ?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.