High-Speed Waveless Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by waveless, Jul 24, 2005.

1. waveless

waveless Junior Member

If Waveless Boat can save 5% energy and reduce wave, it is good enough for the market!

You want to be first men or second men to make waveless boat, it is your choice. The second men is nothing. I can sure there must be a ironside to be the first men.

2. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

That is fairly easy to do. For the same displacement volume, just take a standard vessel and make it slightly longer and thinner.

How much extra weight does your design carry because of the duct and supporting struts?

Is your friction estimate still based on 2 wetted surface areas and not 3?

3. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

That's quite simple to do in theory - just use a lot of really thin hulls and arrange them in such a way as to reduce the wave resistance.

If you are operating in a shallow river, a catamaran with appropriately cambered hulls can have almost zero wave resistance for super-critical depth-based Froude numbers.

Cheers,
    Leo.

4. waveless

waveless Junior Member

Is your friction estimate still based on 2 wetted surface areas and not 3?
    ======================================================
    The wetted surface areas can be 2, if I make the duct smaller.
    If you do not like waveless boat, you can continue your ductless boat, do not waste time here.

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

1. Bottom of the boat.

2. Top of the neutral foil.

3. Bottom of the neutral foil.

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 surfaces.

You may have (4) four surfaces should a big wave ever go over the top of your boat. Should this ever happen, send an S.O.S. to the Coast Guard. :D

6. yipster

yipster designer

waveless,

nothing wrong with creative ideas and like the waveless boat thought but do the research before stating facts.

something else you indicated somewhere is water leaving the tube below the waterline, you know that wont work well.

was doodling a bulbbow on a very high deadrise planing hull going to a sleasled like stern. bulb bow has small side hydrofoils and takes water in for a stern waterjet, that might work but isnt a easy tube (and and) estimating eighter.

7. waveless

waveless Junior Member

yipster,

Thank you for support. The original principle of waveless boat is that useing a pump to draw the water in front of the boat and push into tail of the boat. If the pump is fast enough to draw off all the water that resist the boat forward, the only resistance of the boat is the friction resistance. How to make the pump more efficiency is another problem.

1,If draw off all the water that resist the boat forward in the front, what will happend? The water at tail of the boat will push the boat forward.
    2, If you push the water to the tail of the boat, the boat will push forward.
    3, If high speed water is spouted backward, the boat will push forward.

8. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Waveless, have you read the part about "low pressure zones" in this thread yet?

http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8191

Please read the opening thread starter, I've read it several times and I'm still processing the information. I like the comparisons it gives, a good way to put things in relation to each other and get the "big picture".

9. waveless

waveless Junior Member

1. Bottom of the boat.

2. Top of the neutral foil.

3. Bottom of the neutral foil.

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 surfaces.

You may have (4) four surfaces should a big wave ever go over the top of your boat. Should this ever happen, send an S.O.S. to the Coast Guard.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    I like this idea, my dolphin submarine is the same as you talked about.

10. waveless

waveless Junior Member

hello,

The High-Speed Waveless boat 3D is ready!!!

Attached Files:

11. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

This thread is interesting. It looks like the boat is supposed to consume it's own bow wave. I remember looking into this myself about seven or eight years ago. Somebody made some comment to me at the time and I gave up. Maybe I'm being ignorant (I'm still learning). What mechanism is actually preventing the formation of a wake in this case?

12. JonathanCole

JonathanCole imagineer

Has anybody brought up parasitic losses when water flows through a tube? This would be a fairly long tube. If the water is being thrust by a rotating prop, then there will be an incredible array of vortices flowing through the tube, this will increaser the parasitic losses since vortices shed energy radially and not as a simple vector. This might be a good application for VladZenin's traveling wave generator.
    http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8191
    http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8257

13. waveless

waveless Junior Member

Thousands years, the shape of the boats are looks like the same, the only improvement is the power. There are no mysteries that less wave generate the less energy waste. The hydrokinetics is a tool to analysis the movement of the water, try to reduce the turbulence and wave. The design of the waveless boat is base the on principle hydrokinetics, the duct under boat is the special design to reduce the turbulence of the water, because the force is blocked in the duct, the water will be quiet immediately and become the force to push the boat forward. This knowledge you can learn from waterpower station.

I am not the designer, but I know that huge bubbles out of the rear that’s the energy to be wasted. I also know the big wave generated the big energy is wasted.

My design not adventure or hoping for the best, the boat like a black box, if no energy leaked, the input of energy will become the force of forward.

14. waveless

waveless Junior Member

The theory of relativity, without experiment but it works.

15. Seafarer24

Seafarer24 Sunset Chaser

Um... what actually makes this boat float? I see a big empty tube under the water that doesn't provide any bouyancy or lift. Maybe it's just the drawing, but that is the impression that I get. Seal up the windows and you'd have an interesting submarine.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.