High School

Discussion in 'Education' started by TimClark, Dec 31, 2005.

1. TimClark

TimClark Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew of a magnet school in the Northeast that focused on engineering and design. It should also be a high school. Any help would be apreciated.

Tim

2. twakeley

twakeley NAME Student

Aquaculture School, Bridgeport CT

I attended this school for high school, and while not exactly engineering based they offered a maritime specialized curriculum including cad courses, engine repair, wooden boat construction etc. The full name is the Bridgeport Regional Vocational Aquaculture School. I would highly recommend it to any high school student in connecticut.

3. TimClark

TimClark Senior Member

Thanks for the help... I checked it out and it looks awesome! Also, was there a tuition...and if so, how much was it per year? Thanks for the info. I didn't even notice it existed and I live about 20 minutes away from it.

4. twakeley

twakeley NAME Student

tuition

There was no tuition for me, my high school had a program where you only went for 1/2 of each day 4 periods at the sending school and 3 at "aqua". Check with your school to see if they offer the same program. There might be a tuition if your school doesnt have an arrangement with them, I'm not 100% sure so give them a call.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.