flotation

Discussion in 'Materials' started by shannon, Apr 27, 2009.

1. shannon

shannon New Member

I am new to both this site and boat building. I am an avid diver and I want to build my own customized plywood boat specifically for diving and possibly overnight stays on the water. My first question si what type of hull would you reccomend: I am thinking a barge typr. Second would it help the flotaion if I stuffed styrofaom in all the available spaces that I can ?

2. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

It could help a bit if you tell are you using this boat at a local quarry or Puget sound and how many divers on board?

3. shannon

shannon New Member

Sorry,Fresh water lakes here in Arkansas. Anywhere from 3 to 6 divers and equipment

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Consider a catamaran platform for level stability.

5. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

It's about the same size I'm overhauling right now. I'll take and send you some pictures and sketches after a couple of days (a bit busy right now)

6. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.