Ok - I Am An Idiot - I Give Up...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Why I thought I could stuff a six foot man (me) into a 22 foot 'sport boat' - I no longer know...

Perhaps it was the whiskey - perhaps it was the Photoshop doodles - but I give up...

It is not possible without having the thing look like a cheap Chinese tin toy... :)

I am a hopeless failure who needs to start exploring other hobbies... :)

So there...

SH.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

It is possible to provide full standing headroom in a short waterline length, but the sport aspect may go right out the window. Flicka (sp?) has a 20' LOD and full headroom, but would hardly rank sporting qualities. Hull forms under 25' will have great difficulty providing light weight, flat run and enough belly to stand up in under cover, though pop tops can be used, if this works for you.

I regularly race a fellow who is 6'5" in our Lasers, which would qualify as sport, but I beat the shorts off him, 'cause he's too heavy for the boat and I'm too obnoxious to tell him.

Keep playing with it, as it can be done, but it ain't easy . . .

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

What took you so long?... :)

4. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Ah buggit...

Hello...

I have yet to give up - but the sportish bit can go - back to Euro like pilot house motor sailers...

Below is a beautiful photo - Belfast...

SH.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.