aerodux 500 recorcinol available

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by yellowjeff, Dec 13, 2004.

1. yellowjeff

yellowjeff Junior Member

We had to go all the way to England for some of this gunk and bought a bit extra since it made little difference on shipping costs.
    So, if you're looking for the stuff, we've got about 20 gallons (10 of each component) available for about $115 bucks per gal. That's no gouging, just cost plus a tiny bit for our customs hassles, etc.
    If interested, email me at yellowjeff@yahoo.com
    We're in Ithaca, NY and can ship it anywhere.

2. yellowjeff

yellowjeff Junior Member

glue

Hey Jeff, you must be sniffin' too much o' yer own glue.
    Resorcinol is spelled with an "S". :)

3. baliano

baliano Junior Member

What's the difference between the Aerodux 500 Resorcinol and the DAP stuff?? Your price seems pretty good from what I remember of the DAP cost.

4. yellowjeff

yellowjeff Junior Member

aerodux

Hi,
    From what my pal says, and he knows his stuff, DAP is pure crap, loaded with fillers.
    The stuff we bought is primo. If it's cheap, it's because we bought it straight from the factory. It would have been even cheaper if not for the insane import hassles, esp. since it's a hazardous material.
    Do some research on the aerodux if you like and write me again if you want to talk more.
    Jeff

5. yellowjeff

yellowjeff Junior Member

one more thing

One other thing about this aerodux it that is has a working temp of, I believe, 50 degrees faranheit. All the others we could find in the states were quite a bit higher, which with our cool shop was a major nuisance.
    Jeff

6. baliano

baliano Junior Member

I hear that, it's pretty chilly here in Colorado as well. I use an electric blanket to pre-heat the wood and to cure the glue.

7. Kees R

Kees R New Member

I am looking for a source for Aerodux 500 Resorcinol. I am currently living in the Netherlands, so I guess a source in England would seem probable. Please inform.

Thanks. Kees

8. Mohan Pakkurti

Mohan Pakkurti Junior Member

I would like to find a good source too. I am in Sweden. Thanks

Mohan