Hi, I don't know anything.

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by The Coat, Oct 5, 2005.

1. The Coat

The Coat New Member

I know absolutly nothing at all about boats, and I have a few questions. I know I'm being lazy for asking you to hand feed me the info, but that's seriously the only way I ever learn anything.

My first question is, what kind of boat is a 1992 JAVELIN 389?

What kinds of boats are there?

What type of motor is in the Javelin mentioned above?

What types of motors are there?

If this goes over well I'll probably have a bunch more questions. Thanks.

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

I can't help you with anything else but I gotta say...I love the way you introduce yourself. Unpretentious is the word.

Steve

3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Absolutely LMAO! :D :D (BTW, it may be a bass boat with outboard motor, or maybe not)

Kelly Cook

4. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Javelins are (as far as I can tell) high-speed bass boats in the 16-22' range.
    Most are powered by large outboards. The most recent info I have on them is:
    Javelin Boats (Dept. OL, 880 Butler Road, Murfreesboro, TN 37127); 800-676-3196

Basically, you're looking at something light, powerful, fast and requiring a fair bit of skill to control at speed. A fun boat but one you'd want a fair bit of training on before buying.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.