Hey Daniel When are you going to launch that thing

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Masalai Thank you.
    you must be sailing your catamaran in the Seven Sea, and having a ball. I miss your forum.

Hoyt suggested the most perfect name for the Loudoun:
    "Keyhole Kalypso"
    I think I will adopt this name. :)

My town is Rockport Maine, and I live 6 miles from the Ocean.
    The other day I was working under the boat and I felt a presence, it was a deer. It looked at me very interested, and not afraid of the noise. I talk for a while to the deer, and then it run away. At the end of my backyard start the protected animal reserve, and hunting is prohibited. So we have a lot of deer, and other huge turkey coming as a guest. They love the boat.
    No, I don't have the Noah syndrome :D

The reason for the name
    [​IMG]

The booby hatch with the door and window. The porthole will be next.
    [​IMG]

A corner of the head compartment.
    [​IMG]

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Daniel,
    Good to hear from you and see your progress... Best wishes...

I went for a 'cruise of about 450 miles up to South Percy Island then back to near Brisbane... Need to change propellers - ordered and waiting ready

My ventures are still recorded http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-building/my-little-piece-peace-25962-115.html#post488225 which is the most recent post saving furiously to refuel need another 1450 litres in tanks before Global Economic Collapse....

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Daniel, I must start soon to build my new boat. I am giving my last remaining boat away this Sunday to my daughter. I am seriously considering a folding catamaran to fit the truck bed 10 feet in length so it won't interfere with the teardrop trailer. I think I will call it a Fishy Boxier Cat, a tip of the hat to our South African friend, Fanie, who lives in great peril.

Thanks for the high marks on the name suggestion. I am sure you know better ones. But you are welcome to it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.